NURSES / PRECEPTORS
Knights Landing One Health Clinic would not be able to run smoothly without the help of our wonderful nurses and preceptors! If you are interested in volunteering with KL as a nurse or preceptor, please fill out the interest form linked below and you will be contacted shortly with further details.
We are seeking motivated undergraduate volunteers to join us as trainees for the remainder of the year and clinic volunteers for the upcoming term.
Knowledge or fluency of Spanish is not required and individuals of any major are encouraged to apply! As one of the UC Davis student run clinics, we aim to provide linguistically competent and culturally sensitive healthcare services to the rural underserved in the Knights Landing area.
We seek to fill the gap in primary care services and health education, with particular emphasis on women, adolescents, and farmworkers. Our goal is to provide community-centered care by maintaining a high level of community engagement and empowerment, and by continuing to collaborate with other organizations.
General Volunteer Requirements: These requirements apply to all undergraduate volunteers, regardless of which component you are a part of.
- Must be a registered UC Davis undergraduate student.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher while volunteering
- Attendance of 1-2 unit quarterly clinic class (P/NP grading) on Monday nights from 6:10-7:00pm
Undergraduate Medical Volunteers
Undergraduate Medical Volunteer applications are currently OPEN. The application cycles opens up every winter quarter.
Medical Volunteer Requirements:
- Minimum 3 quarter commitment
- Volunteer at clinic a minimum of 2 Sundays per quarter
- Immunizations cleared through UC Davis Office of Medical Education (further information will be provided upon acceptance)
- Minimum of 1 hour of community service, 1 hour of outreach, and 1 social hour
Undergraduate Veterinary Volunteers
Undergraduate Veterinary Volunteer applications are currently CLOSED. The application cycle opens up every spring quarter.
Veterinary Volunteer Requirements:
- Minimum 3 quarter (1 year) requirement
- Attendance of a minimum of 2-3 clinic dates per quarter
- Rabies vaccination required to handle animals at clinic (Not required to volunteer)
- Minimum of 5 hours of service hours outside of clinic
Undergraduate Dental Volunteers
Undergraduate Dental Volunteer applications are currently CLOSED. The application cycle opens up every fall quarter.
See our Fall 2022 Info Session slides HERE
Dental Volunteer Requirements:
- Minimum 2 quarter commitment
- Minimum of 3 service hours
- Attending all mandatory community events (at least one per quarter)
- Immunization and health clearance with the UC Davis School of Medicine (further information will be provided upon acceptance)